What makes the LDS Church more relevant than other religions today?

neighbor

What makes the LDS Church more relevant than other religions today?

Post by neighbor » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Think of a convert, as well as others, who when they discovered what the Book of Mormon says about secret combinations in the last days, had an 'aha!' moment.

One of these was Christopher Bollyn, a premier researcher into 9/11. He was astonished that the Book of Mormon would describe secret combinations being rampant in our day. He thought LDS would thusly be in the forefront of fighting these combinations. Unfortunately for him, he was put off to see how BYU treated Dr. Jones, and that so many LDS and their news outlets totally ignored the topic.

Christopher Bollyn. He wrote in a letter to Brother Jones "As I told you when we met in Provo, the LDS Church has an advantage over other Christian churches in that it has the prophetic warnings of the 'secret combinations' and the Gadianton Robbers taking over the complete control of government. To my mind, that makes the LDS Church the most relevant Christian church on the planet. It requires its followers to do something about 'Our Awful Situation' brought on by the Gadianton Robbers. Most non-Mormons don't have a clue what is meant by these terms from the Book of Mormon, but they very much need to know what is written and meant by them. As Ether 8:16 says: 'And they [secret combinations] were kept up by the power of the devil to administer these oaths unto the people, to keep them in darkness, to help such as sought power to gain power, and to murder, and to plunder, and to lie, and to commit all manner of whoredoms.....". Here is a non- LDS investigative reporter telling Professor Jones that Mormons need to do something about our awful situation caused by the Gadianton Robbers. Bollyn wrote also that " Most non-Mormons don't have a clue what is meant by these terms from the Book of Mormon, but they very much need to know what is written and meant by them.
-larsenb and lundbaek

solarguy

people can leave the church but can't leave the church alone

Post by solarguy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:08 pm

This is so often the case that it is a notable point. One can leave a Baptist Church or a Pentecostal church or even a non-denominational church and simply forget about it and move on. Why is it that when leaving the LDS Church, one constantly needs to assure themselves that they made the right choice. After all, if they made the wrong choice it is a very wrong choice indeed. I was going to write several instances that I know personally and discovered that this topic has been addresses a million times by people far smarter than I, so I will just leave a link or two and you can draw your own conclusions and maybe you can even comment here as to how you helped someone in this situation.

https://medium.com/@brynnetg/they-can-l ... 98cc12d399

Perhaps this is how it starts:
http://zelphontheshelf.com/why-i-cant-l ... rch-alone/