Utah cop shoots man through car window

neighbor

Utah cop shoots man through car window

Post by neighbor » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:10 am

Officer faces criminal charge for shooting man through his car window

SALT LAKE CITY — An officer was not legally justified when he fired five rounds at a man last year — striking him three times.

That's the conclusion of Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill, who filed a criminal charge against the Adult Probation and Parole officer on Monday. He says the evidence does not match the officer's version of events.

Andrew Reed O'Gwin, 48, of American Fork, is charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault, a second-degree felony, in the shooting of Joe Alvin Gomez.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46296519&nid=148

O'Gwin first started working as a corrections officer in 2006 before working for the Utah Highway Patrol for about three years. He returned to the corrections department in October 2016 which could explain a lot about his out of control aggressive behavior towards citizens. One might further wonder why a cop can miss two of the shots from less than 2 feet away. The cop may have been in a fit of rage and shaking uncontrollably.

Liberty

Re: Utah cop shoots man through car window

Post by Liberty » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 am

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46338990&nid=1 ... car-window

On May 13, 2017, O'Gwin was stopped in an unmarked police car at the intersection of 4500 S. Main waiting to make a turn when he said Gomez "hopped out of the vehicle, threw something at my window … and he hit my vehicle again. I drew my weapon" and fired, charging documents say.

According to the lawsuit, Gomez was smoking a cigarette in the passenger side of a car when ash dropped into his lap. To avoid getting burned, the lawsuit says, Gomez, who was unarmed, stepped out of the car to let the ash drop to the ground.

Gomez did not throw anything or beat on O'Gwin's window, the lawsuit says.